Research funding position update
In light of COVID-19, we remain committed to supporting you to deliver your research. We appreciate that these are very unusual circumstances that will affect your approach and timetable, so we want to address some of your immediate concerns.
Researchers with existing funding
We understand that it will be necessary to put some planned research on hold or stop entirely, or that you may need to temporarily return to clinical duties. Therefore, please be assured of the following:
- Funding of active grants will continue, even if your research has to be paused or delayed;
- When you can restart your research, we will consider no-cost time extensions;
- New grants can have a delayed start date if necessary;
- If a grant pays your salary, but you have been redeployed back into clinical duties, don’t worry, your salary should be paid as normal. Please just make a note of the times you are away;
- Progress and annual report deadlines will be rescheduled.
Researchers awaiting funding
For those waiting to hear about an application for funding:
- The review of all funding applications already received, and timings around funding decisions, will be delayed.
- We don’t yet know how long the delay will be, but we will keep you updated.
As the situation changes and evolves, we will keep this page updated.
As a charity, Kidney Research UK is doing everything we can in these unprecedented times. If there is anything at all you need from us, please let us know.
Get our e-newsletter
Stay up to date with our kidney research news, events and ways to get involved.