Professor Paddy Mark is due to complete his term as chair of the cardio-renal clinical study group and applications are therefore invited to fill this position. Would you like to lead and shape the work of this Clinical Study Group?
The chair will lead a dynamic and responsive group of clinicians, allied healthcare professionals and scientists from across the UK, all of whom are actively involved in research. The CSGs are tasked with developing new research ideas and working these into high quality funding applications, leveraging a range of expertise from within the CSG and from the networks that support multicentre collaboration. As chair you will be responsible for:
- leading the group
- organising meetings (with support from Kidney Research UK)
- encouraging new members (from all relevant specialties, trainees and PPI members)
- encouraging trainee engagement and development
- publicising the work of the CSG
- reporting to the UK Kidney Research Consortium.
As agreed in the terms of reference for all UK Kidney Research Consortium CSGs, the term of office for chairs will be four years. After three years, a chair-elect will be appointed to allow adequate hand-over. The appointment of co-chairs is also encouraged.
- current activity in cardiovascular and/or renal medicine
- collaborative outlook
- good communication skills
- prior experience in leading groups
- strong individual research track record (publications, grants)
Please send a CV and covering letter to UKKRC@kidneyresearchuk.org. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday, 1 February 2021.