Would you like to help lead and shape the Chronic Kidney Disease, Progression and Biomarkers Clinical Study Group as a voluntary Chair?
Maarten Taal is due to complete his term as chair of the CKD, Progression and Biomarkers CSG in April 2020 and applications are therefore invited to fill this position.
The chair will lead a dynamic and responsive group of clinicians, allied healthcare professionals and scientists from across the UK, all of whom are actively involved in research. The CSGs are tasked with developing new research ideas and working these into high quality funding applications, leveraging a range of expertise from within the CSG and from the networks that support multicentre collaboration. As chair you will be responsible for:
- leading the relevant group
- organising meetings (with support from Kidney Research UK)
- encouraging new members (from all relevant specialties, trainees and PPI members)
- encouraging trainee engagement and development
- publicising the work of the CSG
- reporting to the UK Kidney Research Consortium.
As agreed in the terms of reference for all UK Kidney Research Consortium CSGs, the term of office for chairs will be four years. After three years, a chair-elect will be appointed to allow adequate hand-over. The appointment of co-chairs is encouraged.
Please send a CV and covering letter to UKKRC@kidneyresearchuk.org.