We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated and entrepreneurial Corporate Fundraising Volunteer to assist the Corporate Partnerships Manager in researching and acquiring new business support.
We are a national organisation based in Peterborough. We cannot fund all the lifesaving research projects we would like to and aim to work with more businesses and organisations in a Charity of the Year capacity to help us raise more income to fund more research.
Remote working can be an option, please ask if this is something you’d like to consider.
What will the role be doing?
You will assist the Corporate Partnerships Manager with:
- Researching business with CSR policies and charitable offering and using this information to create a pipeline / prospect list for support
- Ensuring the pipeline is kept up to date with current activities and any progress made and that every opportunity is recorded
- In some cases, making initial contact with businesses to introduce the charity before handing over to the partnerships manager
- General administration as required.
- Full induction programme and on-the-job training offering experience and an insight into corporate fundraising
- Support from staff throughout your time volunteering
- Opportunity to attend staff conferences, meetings, trustee and patient talks and lab visits
- Experience and guidance / mentoring within the charity sector
- Opportunity to gain practical experience of working in a small team at a national charity.
What skills are needed?
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Moderate Microsoft Office skills including word and excel
- Enthusiastic team player willing to adapt to the variety of tasks given.
How to apply?
To apply for the role or for more information, contact our Volunteer Programme Manager or call 0300 303 1100.