Researcher Development Days
As part of our Alumni programme, we run Researcher Development Days throughout the year.
The events are CPD accredited and free to attend for any of our past or present Fellowship, PhD studentship or Intercalated Degree award holders.
We are pleased to welcome other interested parties from the renal field, if numbers permit. If attendees are not affiliated to Kidney Research UK, we encourage them to support the charity by making a financial donation.
Attendees are a mix of clinical and basic scientists, ranging from junior representatives to senior professionals. Events are a fantastic opportunity for networking.
The programme for career development events include:
- presentations delivered by senior and influential speakers on renal ‘hot topics’ (such as: complement-mediated renal disease; next generation sequencing; developmental biology of the urinary tract);
- career talks, where researchers give their open and honest reflections on their own personal research ‘journey’; and,
- interactive sessions, which focus on ‘grantsmanship’- the shared learning of practical skills to enhance research capabilities and expertise.
The topics covered are:
- Writing a successful grant application
- Publishing your work
- Maximising the impact of lay summaries
- Developing successful mentoring relationships
- Interview skills and techniques
- Developing and managing a balanced research team