Driving discoveries: connecting our fellows and students
This year, we are excited to bring you the event formerly known as Fellows Day with a brand-new name and format of four themed virtual seminars.
Don’t miss this opportunity to share your work, discuss ideas, and build networks, all from the comfort of your own home!
Detailed programme to be confirmed:
- Thursday 21 October 2021, 6–8pm: Celebrating our 60th anniversary
- Thursday 11 November 2021, 6–8pm: Transforming treatments
- Thursday 13 January 2022, 6–8pm: Accelerating discovery
- Thursday 10 February 2022, 6–8pm: Building a community
During the programmes there will be opportunities for both 8-minute and 3-minute oral presentations selected from submitted abstracts.
If you are a past or present holder of a Kidney Research UK personal career award (e.g. allied health professional, training, senior and intermediate (formerly post-doctoral) fellowships; intercalated degrees; PhD studentship), please submit your abstract for consideration by the 6 August 2021.
We always encourage and expect that all recipients of these awards will present at least once or twice during the term of their active grant and consider presenting subsequent research immediately following their completed career award.
We welcome abstracts from research associates and researchers employed on other grants funded by Kidney Research UK, although opportunities to present may be subject to availability within the programme.
How to submit your abstract:
- Abstract submissions are required to be in a Word document, on one side of A4, and include the following:
- abstract title
- reference to author/s and institution/s
- abstract (not to exceed 360 words) subheadings disallowed
- lay summary (not to exceed 100 words). Please write bearing in mind the audience won’t all be experts who readily understand your research and this summary needs to be simple and non-technical.
- Use Arial font, size 12, justified to the left and type the title in bold.
- Send your abstracts by email to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Abstract for Driving discoveries: connecting fellows and students’.
- Clearly indicate if you wish to be considered for:
- an 8-minute oral presentation
- a 3-minute oral presentation
- no preference.
For more information or if you have any questions, get in touch with our research team: