Scientific meeting sponsorship
We allocate £20,000 to support scientific meetings within the UK each year.
We are encouraging you to apply for up to £2,000 (inclusive of VAT) to support your scientific meetings.
To be considered, your meeting must meet the following:
- Have a clear renal focus
- Be open for professionals in renal, allied health professional nurses, clinicians and scientists
- Be open for the renal community to attend free of charge
- Be within the UK
Priority will be given to meetings that involve researchers funded by, or those who are looking to/actively applying to our funding streams.
Scientific meetings must meet all above criteria to be considered for award.
- We will consider supporting a meeting session within a larger, established conference or event.
- Financial awards will be made in the range of £100-£2,000 and will be dependent on available budget.
- Funding under this scheme will not normally be made available to groups already in receipt of funding through schemes supported by Kidney Research UK, for example RADAR.
- If other funding has already been secured, we will consider part funding the event but would like applicants to show where other funding is from and what further funding is required.
- If we cannot support the application the charity will do its best to offer alternative solutions to support the event/day. For example, if financial support is not provided the charity may offer other resources or logistical support.
- If you are interested in other non financial support please discuss this with us.
- We will assess each application and decide on what to award on an individual basis.
- Kidney Research UK must be acknowledged on all printed materials.
- We would be pleased to be consulted on how we might contribute to the programme and/ or attend the event. We would also like to see the draft programme in advance.
- A breakdown of costings with invoices and receipts will be required.
- Payment will only be made post event.
- We would appreciate applications at least two months before the event is due to take place.
What happens next?
If your application is successful we'll request full acknowledgement of support in either/or
- Sponsored keynote speaker
- Sponsored plenary session
- In the programme
- On all materials advertising the event/meeting
- Open invitation for a charity delegate to attend/ have a presence at the event/meeting
After the meeting we will request a written report/email to summarise the achievements and outcomes of the day including photographs.
For any queries, if you would like this document in alternative formats such as large print, or if you need support completing the application form, please contact us: