To showcase the unseen beauty of medical research and to make it more accessible to our supporters, we are holding our first ever image competition, Kidney Snapshots!!
If you are a kidney researcher, enter your image in one of the following categories:
1. Kidneys through the lens
We want to see images that represent your research and bring it to life. Images may be obtained using any imaging technique, including confocal microscopy, images of kidneys in dishes or even particularly striking representations of big data.
2. Candid kidneys
We want you to show the human side of your research. Perhaps you have a picture of you at the bench, or you or your patients in the clinic. The more creative the better!
How to enter...
- A panel of judges will decide the winners for each category based on aesthetic appeal, quality and the story behind the image. We will also ask our social media channel followers to vote for a ‘Supporters’ Favourite’.
- The winners will be announced during our 60th anniversary celebrations in October.
- Entries must be submitted by midnight on 31 August 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The competition opens at 08:30 on 14 June 2021 and closes at midnight on 31 August 2021. Any entries received after this date will not be considered.
- Participants must submit a completed entry form alongside their image entry.
- Participants must ensure their entry is original and has not been published elsewhere.
- At the time of submission, entrants must state clearly that they are the creator of the submitted image and that the image is free of any copyright.
- In the event that an identifiable person features in the submitted image, entrants must ensure written permission has been given to use the image and share that permission with Kidney Research UK.
- The winning image will be judged by an independent panel and the results will be announced on the 15 October 2021.
- Kidney Research UK will provide a prize. The prize is a £100 Amazon voucher for the winner and a £50 Amazon voucher for the supporters’ favourite for each category.
- Kidney Research UK will be authorised indefinitely to use submitted images in any promotional material, including any press or social media communications whether electronic, printed or otherwise without payment.
- Kidney Research UK reserves the right to change the prize or cancel the competition at any time.
- The competition is not open to any employees of Kidney Research UK.
- The competition is free to enter.
- Any personal data collected will only be used to contact the applicant regarding this competition.
For more information or if you have any questions, get in touch with our research communications team: