You can apply for a grant of up to £2,000 to support a patient information day. Bring together patients, clinicians, researchers and medical experts to talk about things that really matter.
We are dedicated to helping patients engage with research and we are eager to support other groups in doing this.
We support meetings that:
- Engage patients in kidney health, education and equalities.
- Have a high level of participation from patients sharing their experiences and views.
- Engage patients in debating and learning about research and involvement in research in a meaningful and empowering way.
- Raise awareness about kidney disease, improving treatments and ways of influencing change.
- We will consider supporting a patient research session within a larger, established conference or event.
- Financial awards will be made in the range of £250 to £2,000 and will be dependent on available budget.
- Funding under this scheme will not normally be made available to groups already in receipt of funding through schemes supported by Kidney Research UK, for example RADAR
- If other funding has already been secured,we will consider part funding the event but would like applicants to show where other funding is from and what further funding is required.
- If we cannot support an application the charity will do its best to offer alternative solutions to support the event/day. For example if financial support is not provided the charity may offer other resources or logistical support.
- If you are interested in other non-financial support please discuss this us.
We will assess each application and decide on what to award on an individual basis.
- Kidney Research UK must be acknowledged on all printed materials and at the start of the meeting.
- We would be pleased to be consulted on how we might contribute to the programme and/or attend the event. We would also like to see the draft programme in advance.
- A breakdown of costings with invoices and receipts will be required.
- If any of the awarded grant is not utilised, the balance must be returned to the charity.
- A brief report will be required after the event detailing the day and its outcomes.
- We would appreciate applications at least two months before the event is due to take place, because this helps us to plan the budget.
IgAN patient information day
On Saturday 7 October 2017, people with the kidney disease IgA nephropathy (IgAN), and family members met with researchers from The Mayer IgAN Laboratories at the University of Leicester. The purpose of the meeting was to share knowledge about the scientific and clinical research being carried out in Leicester and around the world in IgAN.
For any queries, if you would like this document in alternative formats such as large print, or if you need support completing this application form, please contact us: