Paediatric research grant
We're the largest charity dedicated to kidney research in the UK. Along with many medical research charities, our ability to fund new research last year was severely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. We're delighted to be able to restart our grants programmes this year.
Our fourth paediatric round since our merger with Kids Kidney Research in 2017 continues our commitment in paediatric research to improve the early diagnosis, care and treatment of children at risk of or living with kidney disease. This round is jointly supported through our partnership with the Stoneygate Trust.
We invite research ideas focusing on paediatric renal research covering one or more of the following:
Clinical research that focuses on:
- the diagnosis, natural history, epidemiology or treatment of children who have diseases of the kidney or urinary tract
- the prenatal origins of childhood kidney or urinary tract diseases
- the impact on adult health of kidney or urinary tract diseases with an onset in childhood or the prenatal period.
Laboratory research that seeks to understand:
- the causes of, and find potential new treatments for, childhood kidney and/or urinary tract diseases
- how the kidney and/or urinary tract normally forms, grows and matures before and after birth.
We are pleased to invite expressions of interest from teams or individuals whose ideas offer the potential to address these specific areas of focus.
Research proposals for research project and innovation grants are invited.
We will only consider one application type per applicant, even if you have several research ideas.
Types of grants available
Research project grant:
These awards support innovative, standalone research projects.
- Funding available: up to £250k
- Funding period: three years maximum
These awards are to support new areas of clinical or scientific research where initial pilot/supporting data is required.
- Funding available: up to £40k
- Funding period: over two years maximum
Expression of interest deadline: 5pm, Monday 25 October 2021
"Funding has enabled me to set up preliminary data to apply for intermediate fellowship applications and enabled me to be more competitive in these applications."
Dr Soma Meran, Innovation grant recipient
Get our Research Roundup email
Stay up to date with our kidney research news.