Award to design and conduct a patient survey for pruritus
We know from patients that pruritus (itching) can be a debilitating symptom of severe kidney disease and that it can have a significant impact on quality of life.
- Just how severe is this burden?
- How does it affect daily life?
- How effective are current treatments?
These are just some of the questions to which we need answers.
We are pleased to invite expressions of interest, from suitably qualified academics, to design and conduct an independent patient survey to provide new insights into the impact and burden of pruritus on the quality of life for people living with chronic kidney disease.
These awards support innovative, standalone research projects.
- Funding available: approximately £15,000 to design and deliver this new survey through to publication
- Successful applicants will be selected following a competitive assessment undertaken by a review panel.
In collaboration with Kidney Research UK, the successful applicant will be expected to:
- Design and develop a comprehensive survey
- Deliver the survey, ensuring inclusion of a diverse range of responders
- Secure a minimum of 200 completed responses from stage 3b/4 chronic kidney disease patients, including patients receiving all forms of dialysis
- Include data from adults and children (or their parents)
- Collect and analyse the data using appropriate methodology
- Prepare a final report/manuscript suitable for publication
- Adhere to pre-agreed timelines
- Assist with dissemination of findings if required.
In order to be considered for this award applicants should:
- Demonstrate previous experience of cost-effective delivery of a health survey
- Provide a detailed budget breakdown of relevant costs
- Outline their capacity to undertake the required work
- Agree to adhere to timelines indicated by Kidney Research UK
- Be fully aware and compliant with GDPR regulations and data security measures
- Be employed by a UK university or recognised research establishment.
Submitting an expression of interest:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an expression of interest (no more than 2 A4 pages plus a detailed budget) to email@example.com stating ‘pruritus’ in the email subject heading.
"Funding has enabled me to set up preliminary data to apply for intermediate fellowship applications and enabled me to be more competitive in these applications."
Dr Soma Meran, Innovation grant recipient
Get our Research Roundup email
Stay up to date with our kidney research news.