We are recruiting for a lay advisory group lead to help drive and strengthen our public and patient involvement activity. You will ensure that people who are affected by kidney disease influence all aspects of our work. This role is a senior volunteer role and will provide effective leadership for the lay advisory group and its work.
What will the role include?
With the support of two deputies, in this role you might expect to:
- Actively lead the work of the lay advisory group
- Attend external meetings to represent Kidney Research UK
- Lead the research network volunteer panel
- Work alongside the patient involvement team to identify issues that may need addressing at external meetings
- Ensure a patient viewpoint supports the development of research and researchers
- Act as an ambassador of the group at meetings and events
- Act as a media spokesperson
Is this role for you?
We are looking for an individual who has:
- Experience of chairing a board or committee and experience of participating at or attending professional meetings including reviewing papers
- Strong and proven leadership skills
- Strong facilitation skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some understanding of the health sector in relation to kidney disease
- Experience of kidney disease – ideally as someone living with kidney disease, to bring the benefit of their lived experience to this role
- We also ask that you can attend meetings in person (held at our head office in Peterborough or at external locations) or online virtually
Download the full role description for more information.